Jul 3, 2016
Mike and Dan are back in the cabin and catch up after Mike's
Former UNJ Pro Staffer Ian Sparks talks with Mike and Dan about
chasing his dream of working in the outdoor industry and working
with Whitetail Properties.
- Changed his major in college in his third year to chase his
dream of filming in the outdoor industry.
- Chasing deer to further learning and filming while attending
- Started filming outdoor hunts with a few outdoor tv shows.
- Took a series of phots for a hunter and had them placed on the
cover of Lone Wolf Treestand's catalogue cover.
- Got a chance to interview with Whitetail Properties in
- Got the job and then started living the dream
- Feeling the pressure to put down great video in front of
- Communication between videographer and hunter
- Issues of trying to film a hunt
- Fun moments in the stand
- Stressful moments in the stand
- Equipment accidents in the field
- Ian explains about how much time there is for a videographer to
- Talking about the 2016 season of Whitetail Properties
- The 2016 Season sizzle reel
- What Whitetail Properties does
- How they develop the show around the properties they hunt and
- The love of the land and the love to hunt
- Family involvement
- Friends and camp
- Perspective of chasing the dream and can you ever reach the end
of chasing it
- Learning to use drones for filming
- Are we in the drone phase of outdoor films
- Intentionality for using certain shots in videos